Virginia Secondary School
Construction & Transitions:
For the 2022-2023 school year, students in Grades 7-12 will remain at VHS for one final school year before moving to the new Rock Ridge High School. Construction of the new North Star Elementary will be taking place “next door” to VHS, but VHS will remain operational. Here is a Q&A with a wealth of information about all of the building transitions and upcoming elementary attendance boundaries:
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow
Are you considering a new school and a new beginning? Virginia High School might be just the place for you! As a leading school in academics, we offer over 85 elective opportunities and numerous sports and activities that allow each student to find their individual niche.
While this year will certainly be unique and will bring us new challenges, we are committed to providing our students a quality education that allows each student to flourish. Contact the school today to hear about the options awaiting you!
School Supplies for VHS
Please try to send students with the tools necessary for success in the classroom. Individual teachers will provide supply lists in the first days of school, but the basics are a good place to start. You are welcome to bring these materials and a lock to open house so students can set up their lockers before school to avoid lugging those heavy bags on Day One.
The following items are commonly requested:
- Pens in several colors (aids in note-taking)
- Highlighters or colored pencils
- Notebook for each class period and/or binder with seven sections
- Folders for each class period (7)
- Backpack – We are happy to announce that lockers will be available again this year.
- Water bottle – water fillers are available throughout the campus.
- Gym shoes & gym clothing change